Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The First One!

OK, well - here goes.  The first official posting of my writing blog.  Kinda scary.

Until now - I have been my only fan.  As soon as I make a Facebook page for my cat, Ginny, I'm sure I'll have another one.

So of course I'm thinking about all these great topics to write about and then -  I have this silly thought: what if I move?  I've based my whole blog name on a town in which I live, and yet, I've never lived anywhere consistently for more than a few years.  I suppose subconsciously I've decided to never leave.

This actually brings up an interesting fact about Rennerdale:  people don't leave.  When you meet people here, they'll tell you how they live in the house that they grew up in.  It's one of those few towns that families pass down houses like hand-me-down clothes.  Nobody moves, and if they do, they move back.  I've moved back twice, myself.

You know what that makes me think of?  How people probably died in all of these houses.  And all the ghosts of Rennerdale floating around.  And there really is not a town cemetery, so where are all these people buried?  Great writing fodder, for sure!

I'm going to keep it short and sweet this first time.  And yes, I took some artistic liberties on the title of my blog: RennerdaleRiter.   I'm allowed.

Up next:  what does a photographic memory REALLY mean?  Check back to find out!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to know what it REALLY means...

    ReplyDelete